Practice-oriented training and further education
The shoe and leather industry has a permanent need for well-trained specialists for national and international use.
The ISC supports state training courses in the industry, especially in practical instruction:
- Berufsschule Pirmasens (Vocational school Pirmasens): it uses the technical means and facilities of the ISC for the practical training of future shoe manufacturers
- Deutsche Schuhfachschule (German Shoe College): The future shoe technicians and modellers who are aiming for a state qualification at DSF are accommodated in the ISC building and benefit from the infrastructure of the ISC.
- Fachhochschule Kaiserslautern, Location Pirmasens (University of Applied Sciences Kaiserslautern): The ISC Germany organizes the practical seminar "Basics of industrial shoe production" for the FH.
- Hochschule für Design / Pforzheim (University of Design / Pforzheim): The students of the accessory design course at ISC Germany learn how to translate their designs into wearable shoes.
In cooperation with the IHK Pfalz we also supervise a number of certificate courses:
- "Industrial foreman/shoe manufacturer": this in-service training also takes place at the ISC. It is organised jointly by ISC Germany and the Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK).
- "Certified Product Manager Shoes": Since 2015, the ISC has had this certificate course in its programme, also in cooperation with the IHK
- "Sustainability Manager Shoes": With this course, the ISC has again launched a certificate course in 2018 on the initiative of the industry in cooperation with the IHK.
Under the menu item "Seminars" you will find our short-term training courses, which we offer regularly.